Let’s go on an adventure
What we offer, designed with you in mind
As designers, we draw inspiration from the past, present and future, from art, fashion, travel, and the stunning surroundings of Queenstown and Wanaka. We love unstructured organic design as much as clean lines and modern decor. We combine these elements uniquely and produce weddings & events that bring our clients’ individual styles to the forefront.
As coordinators, we aim to alleviate the stress and frustration that often accompany wedding & event planning. We deal with all the scheduling, logistics, paperwork, emails, and phone calls approximately sixty days before your wedding date. We offer our clients a space to laugh, smile, feel inspired, and enjoy every moment of the preparation and experience of their wedding.
If you are on a DIY wedding planning mission and looking for advice, check out our online services.
Just for you
Wedding Day Styling Service
A wedding is more than a single day of logistics.
It’s a set of sensations: a visual and culinary feast, the way the earth sounds and feels underneath your dancing shoes or feet, the scents wafting off of the candles or flowers you’ve put in place.
If you have an unconventional vision and don’t want to be told the “rules” but aren’t sure how to bring it to life, let’s meet.
Our Styling Service takes your day-dream and turns it into a magical reality.
+ Package Inclusion & Process
- Complimentary discovery call to chat about your vision and for you to get to know us.
- Smooth onboarding and simple document-sharing process to ensure you are across your entire styling journey.
- Initial design concept creation in collaboration with you and your partner.
- Professional lookbook creation detailing your entire event styling based on your concept.
- Vendor sourcing and management.
- Styling budget management.
- Access to our coveted supplier’s list.
- Physical site visits to help you visualize your day on location.
- Detailed floor plan creation for your ceremony and/ or reception.
- YOUR BIG DAY IS HERE! Our professional team will be on-site to deliver your styling vision.
- On the day, set up and pack down.
- Up to five in-person or video consultations are included.
- Unlimited phone calls, emails and messages.
Just for you
Month of Coordination
There is great joy in the research and crafting of your wedding team. We will leave this to you but will always be on hand to be your sounding board (via email or scheduled Zoom meetings).
In a handover process, we take the reins of all your hard planning work and tie it all together in the final lead-up to your wedding day. The time when it gets busy with your guests arriving and you concentrating on becoming a married couple.
Package Inclusion & Process
- Complimentary discovery call to chat about your needs and for you to get to know us.
- Smooth onboarding and a simple document-sharing process to hand over what you’ve got so far to us, and we can point out any red flags.
- In-depth consultation to review all the coordination details- including seating charts and music playlists.
- Creation of detailed run sheets (up to two iterations) and floor plan (up to two iterations)
- Logistics coordination and run sheet liaison with all your suppliers, MC and VIPs to ensure a smooth day.
- Organise supplier details such as arrival and pack-up time and their on-the-day requirements.
- Meeting 1 week prior to your big day for a final styling, run sheet and floor plan check.
- YOUR BIG DAY IS HERE! Our professional team will be onsite to ensure a smooth set up and pack down on your event day.
Frequently asked Q’s
Leave top tab empty! No content in other words
What are you best at?
I have always been a great problem solver. I love building the jigsaw puzzle pieces of an event to create one overall stunning solution. I have a knack for seeing the flow of an event and making sure that all the details come together to make it all streamlined.
Who is Fantail Weddings ideal clients?
Our ideal clients are time-poor adventurous spirits that desire a celebration that is not a cookie-cutter presentation of what’s in “fashion”.
They beat to their own drum and are not afraid to express it. They are getting married for the long term commitment, not just for the wedding day party.
Do you offer On the Day coordination?
The short answer is no; we don’t offer an on-the-day service. We offer a Month of Coordination service.
If you would like recommendations of planners we trust that provide an on-the-day service, please drop us an email.
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, we do!
On confirming your date on our calendar by signing our Terms and Conditions, we issue you with an invoice for either 50% deposit or 1/3 deposit of our service fee.
The balance of the 50% deposit option is payable 30 days prior to your wedding date.
The 1/3 payment option will be spread over the planning time, with the remaining 1/3rd payable 30 days prior to your wedding date.
Leave top tab empty! No content in other words
What is the best Wanaka wedding venue?
We have been a part of the wedding industry for over 12 years in Central Otago and the great thing is there are always new venues establishing themselves.
We have been lucky to work at all the event venues in the area.
We specialise in getting our clients off-grid. Meaning we head for the hills or lakeside and set up amongst mother nature making sure that all the boxes are ticked to have a beautiful flowing and comfortable celebration that weather permitting will have you dancing under the stars!
Do you have vendor recommendations?
Yes, we love recommending a great vendor that we trust to help bring your vision to life.
With our Month of Coordination service, we will recommend vendors that we trust and know will be a good fit for your style of the day.
How much is it all going to cost?
How long is a piece of string? Annoying and totally frustrating I know.
Each and every wedding celebration is its own beast including how much it is going to cost. There are so many variables.
The one hard and fast rule I encourage all my clients is don’t go into debt for one day. Set a budget that you are comfortable with and stick to it.
Can you do the styling & Florals?
As a trained commercial florist, I have loved providing florals to events for 15 years. My trusted sidekick, Belinda, is our head florist, and with over 15 years of floral skills under her belt, you get a lot of experience.
Together we provide the brains and the talent to create.